OK, I might be obsessed with neon.
The closer we get to warm weather, the more you will see neon. I wasn’t sure if neon works for work. But not one to shy away from a challenge, I have been incorporating neon in my work wardrobe. Today, I rocked my latest piece — a neon magenta sweater from Forever 21 — and I got so much positive feedback on it that I decided it was time to spread the word: Neon WORKS! (My big boss told me if there was a power outage, he was following me. I took it as a compliment!)
If you are worried about how to make it “work” for you (see what I did there?), have no fear I have your back! I think the best and easiest way is to introduce signature pieces — like a blazer, pumps, or skirt. Simply pair it with the classics like black and white or stripes and it will work for you and I bet you will get lots of positive feedback. If you are feeling brave add neon accessories!
Try neon and tell me what you think! *Don’t forget to send pics! 🙂
I used to think that navy was only for school uniforms and business suits for IRS agents. As I have gotten older, I have fallen in love with navy as a classy, sharp alternative to my sometimes repetitive black (and there is nothing wrong with repetitive black, she writes a little defensively.)
Navy can be a great way to make your look sharp without being too urban or too dressy.
I put together 5 ideas on how to make navy feel at home in your closet!
1. Navy is PERFECT for fall color pairings. Mustard, forest green, and cranberry were MADE to be paired with navy.
2. Navy is key in a lot of great patterns – like stripes, polka dots, and plaids — so it’s a lot of fun to put them together and let the navy be the unifying element.
3. Navy can and should be paired with black! Don’t be afraid, it’s a chic combo. People will wish they were you!
4. Worried navy is too serious or preppy? Pair it with denim!
5. Navy works for evening too! You don’t have to be too brave to try navy for evening. It’s a great alternative to black and its a just a little bit unexpected.
Perhaps the most inspiring thing I discovered while writing this post was the celebrities who favor navy are my absolute favorite when it comes to style — Taylor Swift, Duchess Katherine, Lauren Conrad, and Olivia Palermo. Those are probably my top four celebrities when it comes to consistent, classic, and ladylike fashion. All four make it their own and seem to enjoy their fair share of navy. So you are in good company when you give it a go this week!