I turn 30 in about 15 months. To mark the passage of time and to guarantee that the next 15 months involve me living life to the absolute fullest, I challenged myself to come up with a list of secret dreams, adventures, wishes, (important if not sexy) tasks, and things that just sound fun.
Everything on the list falls into one of three categories… something to see, learn, and/or do.
My list has a ton on it and it’s not going to be easy but I have already started on a few things and it feels great. My plan is to start by posting the whole list. Then periodically I will post about what, how, with whom, and where I have done the things on the list.
Each post will bear the banner:
Drum roll please…….
The list ==>
- Dye my hair purple.
- Lose 30 lbs.
- Ride a Motorcycle.
- Be in control of my student loans
- Finally get that tattoo.
- Embark on an epic road trip.
- Pay off credit cards.
- Cook my way through a cookbook (I’ve chosen Barefoot Contessa’s Back to Basics).
- Blog more – 300 posts and new forms of media.
- Learn to sew.
- Save $3000 ($200 per month).
- Take cooking and/or baking classes.
- Learn how to snow ski or at least give it a try.
- Learn how to play poker.
- See at least three national parks.
- Learn how to meditate.
- Experience high tea.
- Make my own limoncello.
- Go to the Florida State Fair.
- Read the top 30 novels of all time.
- Get more involved with the community – 30 hours minimum.
- Become scuba certified.
- Go to more awesome concerts.
- Go berry picking and make my own jam.
- Take photos in photobooths.
- Host a dinner party.
- Watch the top 30 movies of all time.
- Go on a camping adventure.
- Write a children’s book.
- Finish everything on the list.
If you know me, you know that my absolute favorite one is going to be #30. I love nothing more than lists! And of course, I really really love checking things off of list.